Friday, June 12, 2009

im awful at coming up with titles...

While i could write non-stop bout things happening in australia today.. i thought.. maybe.. perhaps.. then i thought maybe i should write about what i've been up too... so i'll give it a shot ;)

Weve all had at least 2 rounds of the cold virus...

Hubby has been loosing weight, cutting back too much smaller portioned meals. I never knew a mans belt (as they gain weight) could hold such a time-line "i was here when we moved to melbourne, here when Alyssa was born" etc. Im happy for him, makes cuddling easier when its just 1 big belly in the way!

Tia has lost 1 front tooth and now the 2nd front middle tooth is loose.. so in 3-4 days she will be lookin' a bit weird with no front top middle teeth! She bought home a bean plant from school, its now in the garden! Wonder what kind of bean plant it is exactly...

Alyssa is up and walking (or "toddling" as we call it) She figured out how to open cupboard doors today! (argh!) She loves cups and tries to drink from them (doesn't matter if they are empty) She chases the cats (at baby speed) and squeals! (meanwhile the cats look scared) She finds them when the curl up in the sun on the floor and mwhahhaha goes in for the attack! She has waved once and is learning & saying "ta" (baby for "please can i have it?" and "thank you!")

My pregnancy is going well. The baby is still pretty active. almost 8 weeks to go. Have my 1st hospital/midwife appointment this month. LOL! Yes i finally rang them up.. TMI- i have 'roids from hell (should be a title of a horror movie!!)
My feet get fat and puffy quickly. My right foot I've hurt, so when i step a certain way or something i get instant pain and then hobble for a hour or two... but usually its fine. My feet will love the relief when this bub gets out! I seem to wake in the middle of the night, needing liquid to drink & needing to pee.

Ive been having alot of Branxton Hicks. I find it hard to believe that some study could come out and say that Sex does not trigger labor... As i get fake labor pains (branxton Hicks) after being intimate... not to mention it triggered off the other 2 births! (i have a laugh when i remember scenes from movies where they with the BH/fake labour pains. think its the real thing, pack up and go to the hospital to end up coming home!) I like how the baby is where it is, i dont need extra effort to feed it, no dirty nappies and it doesnt cry.. it just disturbs my sleep! :) But i am looking forward 2 getting my body and bladder back to myself, the 'roids to go, my feet to not get so puffy, fit into normal clothes, not waddle and loose the reflux & heartburn bleh!! :)

so thats bout it from me... i havent done anything interesting! Not even reading (listening to the kids read their books) at tia's class, as Alyssa has the cold.. and a 11month old can't cover her mouth when she coughs. (not to mention alot of the girls can't keep their hands off her, not kiss her cheeks etc..)

Alyssa will be 1 soon!!! (still blue eyes!)and um we still plan on having Tia's birthday party... even tho that was back in may??!! :)

Stay Swine flu safe ;)

oh and thank you 2 maria for the award!! I w

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
pregnancy

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Its good to know ur pregnancys goin well :)

maria said...

Yay!! Miss A is walking/toddling! I enjoy her updates and how she's progressing! :)

I'm up to date with your colds via here or Twitter..and I feel sorry for you all.. because colds are just plain ANNOYING! And can be expensive with aloe tissues purchases & 'remedies'. Two in my house now have colds and praise God I'm showing no signs of catching it even though I've been exposed for two weeks! Oh.. and ouch and sympathy to you for your 'roids! >< Hope you have the chemist remedies at home for your relief!

I think it's fantastic that your hubby is having weight loss success. Does he have a favourite thing on the WF?

It's great your pregnancy seems to be progressing along nicely. I hope the hospital appointment goes well and you don't have to wait 1.5 to 2 hours like I used to at the public hospital. I remember I enjoyed the ANCIENT magazines.. I'm talking 1972 New Ideas.. which could be sellable on eBay. The fashion, the articles, recipes & advertising (like cigarettes) were hilarious.

Has the 2nd front middle tooth fallen out for your Tia yet? Re: the bean plant, I'm guessing (wild stab at it) green beans? They'll need runners or to be staked with poles if that's the case?

Have a good day ^^ xox