Tuesday, October 6, 2009

ABC Gardening Australia Expo

All 5 of us rugged up nice and warm and went on Day 1.(with the last expo/con we went to, we went on the last day. While we enjoyed the bargains to be had in the final hours from stallholders, we really did wish we didn't just have the choice of "leftovers". Which is what it felt like)

The crowd was small! Which was awesome. It had been forecasted to rain that day, it was really windy and freezing! (looked miserable too) But lucky for us it didn't rain!

Picked up a cute pansy ($2), sugarsnap peas seeds ($4.50), venus fly trap plant ($3), thornless blackberry ($6), raspberry ($6), 4 flowering tulips (for Tia) ($4), 6 cacti/succulent cuttings ($10) not sure if i missed something there.... next time i will have to put more money away to spend! I could have bought something from almost every stallholder.. lol! There were seeds, bulbs, flowers, fruit trees, trees, shrubs, cacti, grasses... inside there were products from lavender farms, demonstrations and samples on how to cook asparagus & mushrooms, bee farms... i could go on and on! ^^ (photos soon?)

I almost got a beautiful little japanese red maple tree and there was a cute pink chinese maple tree to (that Tia loved!) but the stall holders were to busy and taking forever... *sigh*

Trip home was rather bad... It was a friday afternoon 4-5pm... peak hour trains! For some reason during peak hour the disabled section fills up with bikes and alot of other un-disabled (or un-pram) people. So i figured it equalled up.. those who were lucky in 10 seconds to scramble into the disabled section made me cranky and us with the twin pram in the doorway (who couldn't make it further down the station in 10 seconds to the disabled section) now standing up made other people cranky!

2 comments:

maria said...

I will be back tomorrow hopefully to read your two latest posts!

I'm at blogger right now finishing Tuesday's recipe.. Yawwwwwn. So tired. I'm excited about your updates! I didn't know you could put Twitpic photo's on blogs too!

Hope you have a good day at TAFE!

maria said...

Well that was a long "tomorrow" wasn't it?

I'm waiting for something to finish baking in the oven.. I'm thinking it's not working.. (recipe of the week).. and if it fails then I'm stumped re: what I'll do. I can talk about markets because I went to a Farmer's Market yesterday.. But recipe of the week?

Anyway.. I remember you Twittering that you wanted to go to the Gardening Show, so I'm glad you went ^^

It will be interesting to know how all the plants progress?

I feel for you re: public transport. Definitely been there but never with a double pram. More like a single pram and no partner/hubby..and lots of shopping.

Paul planted our bulbs upside down this year and he says it doesn't matter.. But I'm thinking that's why most of them haven't sprouted upwards! I used to really be into gardening (as I said in my other comment) in my 20's.. and I'd watch every single gardening show etc.

Anyway.. better check my oven again. It's actually faulty..only one side of it is working..so I have to keep turning things around (it's electric).

Hope you're having a good night? ^^