Friday, November 28, 2008

Excited about school..

Tia is growing fast. Her speech is getting better, her vocabulary is getting bigger.. All good to hear! Yesterday after dropping tia off at kinder, i stayed and did "kinder duty" which is staying to help for a hour and a bit while they do several craft things. My table was making cards. Basically sticking a recycled christmas card front picture onto a piece of red carboard decorating with sparkles, sequins and little christmas tree & star sprinkles with the glue in pots and then using a glue stick to stick a little piece of paper that said "To my family, Merry christmas Love" on the inside.

I had one little boy (not going to prep next year) with the best manners stubbornly decline any decoration! I had one little girl who wanted the card to be horizontal and open that way. I had another girl who would only use the glue stick. I had a little boy who decided that using 10% of all decorations on offer should be put on his card. It looked so blinged! The teacher told him that was a bit silly as they would not all stick.. And then someone up-ended one of the sequin containers onto the floor and i was down after that picking them all up! lol!

Alyssa was pretty good.. up till the end. I had her in the bassinette pram thing (basket with canopy(think like a convertible), held in pram by 3 clips) and then on the floor towards the end so she could roll around and see more than just the ceiling..

The other 'stations' were making angels (painting and using glitter) and making christmas trees (threading and glitter) This all comes home on the last day which is also the concert/party day... i think i might stay and do kinder duty again that day. as the note says drop off the kids with morning tea as usual @9.15am and come back at 11am with plate of party food. It takes me half hour to walk there or back home.. which means i'd spend less than a hour? at home b4 walking back.. I'll just take a bottle that day, i think. (Yes Alyssa is having on average 1 bottle. Basically for when i'm inconvenienced(trying to run out door), think im empty (only been 2hrs) or know she will bite me (so impatient!)..


Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

1 comment:

maria said...

I read this post the other day but didn't get back to comment obviously! I really enjoyed this info and news..thanks for sharing it!! It was funny too!! How do you feel about being rostered on to help? Do you do it because you have to or do you look forward to it? I'm 'in between' those two. I bet Tia loves it when you're there? Jenna has always liked me doing stuff at school. If I was ever on at canteen though she'd always be very *blessed* with snacks from me and have MORE friends that day strangely. O.O

The latest re: Jenna's school 'chums' .. a 14yr old boy on her bus has twice said to Jenna now that "Your Mum is hot". What the? And Jenna isn't happy because she likes this boy. X.X He tells her he often see's us walking together.

I think it's all very exciting about Tia going to school! I'm glad she loves her uniform. Is her school far away?