Saturday, July 26, 2008

whats normal?

For 2 weeks now we have pretty much;

woken, started the day at 10am, breakfast from 10-11am
had lunch anywhere from 1pm-5pm
dinner (altho sometimes just desert as in icecream or a snack as in tim tams) anywhere from 7pm-10pm
sleep for me starts at 10pm-1am depending on Alyssa, whats on tv and what naps ive caught thru the day

For 2 weeks james has had off work, he has made me countless breakfasts, lunch, dinners, drinks and always happy to. For 2 days solid he changed all the nappies (hehehehehe)

we have managed to go out to the shops on a few occassions, ah what fun! Alyssa loves being in the pram, she has looong sleeps in the pram while shopping. However our first time out was a bit of a refresher.. as in babies can sleep and poo/wee at the same time.. never thought of changing her. was glad to get home!!!!

Tia had her last day at little school, i bought chocolates and flowers for her 3 teachers/carers shes had for the past year.. lots of tears!!! Worried and excited that Tia will be getting into a preschool (yes even tho its called 'kinder' down here, this is kinder but the centre is called ... preschool) hope that made sense. I think its just as well that was her last day as sad-to-say there was a absolute horror of a kid who started that day, a young boy maybe 3years old who was nasty to all the kids, pushing them repeatedly and stuff.. just awful (very sad) ive seen bad kids, but this lil bloke takes the cake (in a big way!) Tia actually attempted to spit as we were walking to the shops today, i was shocked!!! Needless to say i told her princesses did not do that, yukky people did or if u swallow a fly perhaps.. and that people who smoke spit in public coz they are sick.. Considering this is a girl who loves to eat toothpaste and not spit it out.. im not sure where she got it from or what she thought it would achieve!

my preggy belly is all gone, totally deflated... however all the sweet cravings have done damage and i'll have to work it off to get back to where i was..

Enjoying this song lately...

1 comment:

maria said...

Hey.. ! :D

Thanks for sharing your routine.. it brings back memories.. Even being around your age when I had Jenna (and that photo of you holding Alyssa, I have one like that.. in that pose/same facial expression!).

So is Tia going into pre-school this year? Next semester or something? Was very nice of you to go there bearing gifts for the little school. I think it's great you had that 'link'.. some ties with folk here in Melbourne. I found when I moved away (albeit on my own) into Geelong city (where I'd never lived before)- what helped keep me going was the connection with Jenna's school and also the school I attended too (college). I actually often remind myself how you guys came here completely new to Melbourne and started a life from scratch. Which couldn't have been easy. Now Alyssa has been born here. I feel so proud of you for coming this far and happy that you have a house with bedrooms and laundry and a pet and a new person! And hubby's workplace being a good place.. with connection with the boss and his wife, that's awesome.

I used to love shopping with Jenna too. Initially I'd never bring enough supplies and I'd be wheeling home a screaming baby. But yeah, she was a breeze and I utilised those parent rooms! I look back at those times, on the bus with the pram and in town.. with much fondness.

We just had a 'new Westfield' open here..which includes, for the first time a Big W. I bought two tops $20 each the other day, needed them desperately, they were reduced from $25.

Enjoy your Sunday and forthcoming week, hugs :)