Sunday, December 16, 2007

a interesting time..

Been a bit quiet haven't i? I must admit ive been busy and having fun! ;)

My anniversary went well, hubby got a few hours off in the morning on friday so we could have breakfast together. breakfast was sooooo good! I decided The Coffee Club, yum. had a Mocha & a bacon, egg & cheese on a toasted focaccia bun for $9.50. Normally any breakfast that i didnt have to make is amazing, but this was really good. nevermind that it was a friday and the last day of Tia in childcare for the year, so we did have to wait until she was dropped off at 9.30!!! I was starving!

We then looked at jewellery shops and i didnt find anything i liked, but i did get my engagement ring polished and cleaned for $2. The guy who did it (typical blacksmith look) was cheeky and kept going on about how i must be gripping something metal alot to get so many marks and scratches. *rolls eyes* no i don't.. its just had 6 years of ME! lol!

I decided i'd get something nice to wear for the christmas management party that night, i've seen all the maternity clothes before in the other shops and nothing was dressy enough! So i decided i'd go to this shop called Big City Chic! lol! ;) The lady was so helpful, i couldnt stop smiling when she said i looked like a medium! nevermind that a medium in this shop is a 18-20. ;) i tried it on a nice white top with polka dots, black lace band under the bust and sleeveless.. it didnt look flattering, just a tad to big also. So in a hurry i decided on this black sleeveless top with the beads and sequins (the other one in the pic is a dress) Lots of room for a bigger bump later! ;) Grabbed another coffee (or in my case a cocoa locco) from gloria jeans and headed back with hubby till we had to split, him off to work and me back home.
Picked tia up and went back out shopping deciding that i need a new pretty hair clip, saw a few in diva but $2 bux more than i wanted to spend, found what i wanted tho in a different shop!
It was about time to leave or call a cab, but the line was busy! doh!!! So i walked in my normal joggers and when we almost go there i changed into nicer shoes, that i havent worn in completely! haha! Everyone was there, the girls and the boys in 2 different groups! lol! I had apple juice everyone else was drinking beers or some nice wine the boss had picked.
It was a interesting evening, a shame towards the end. So much food! gosh!

For drinks there were apparently the best ever prawn crackers & cashews. Entrees were spring rolls, prawn battered & deepfried on a sugar cane stick, prawn & veg rice paper rolls, pork balls and basil leaves and lettuce leaves! 1st course was satay chicken and rice, 2nd course was a interesting mild viet curry veggies and a bread roll to use as a dip, 3rd course was a DIY meat & veg fondue? lol! There were portable gas stoves with a boiling pot and we got little special spoons to place meat (chicken, beef, squid, prawns, fish, scallops) and a plate of veggies to put in & some vermicelli noodles and a nice terriyaki & sesame seed sauce. we were all quite full as you can imagine. (i didnt take my handbag so i had no camera! doh!)

It was awesome, i don't think i have had Vietnamese food before but this was great. then there was a fruit platter and later tea and biscuits but we never got to that, by then it was 11ish! Tia was really well behaved, the boss of the restaurant had a little boy around 5-6ish who was a real gentlemen and drew on the tables (the food is quiet messy so theres paper covering the tables) with her and played. she was upset at leaving, nevermind it was way past her bedtime!
It really was so kind of them to put that kind of a dinner on! gosh!

Also good news, i'm 9 weeks pregnant so i will go for my ultrasound after christmas, perhaps early new year since we come back on the 28th. james really wants twins! thats crazy! lol! I also chickened out of living thru morning sickness and bought anti-morning sickness tablets basically ginger and vit B6 in the tablets. I tell you what they burn they are so hot! have to get them down very quickly! They are working pretty well, however some things will make me sick whatever i take!
is it 1 week till christmas today? i still havent done any cards for family or sent any gifts to qld for christmas! My bad! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

maria said...

Glad you had a great time at the party! The top looks fabulous.. I bet it looked really nice on you!

We have 'Big City Chic' here where I live and the sizes start from a (generous) 14. I've never bought anything there because I can only afford heavily reduced items. And my size in the heavily reduced items is never there. Also, which I find quite disheatening, is that I am always ignored in that store. I don't like sales assistants hounding me..but during all my 'browses' never once has anyone ever said hello or asked if I needed help.. and I'm talking, with me being the only person in the store too. I feel like I'm in a size 6 to 12 boutique..that's how they make me feel.

I actually am a bit 'funny' on the whole 'cook it yourself' phenomenon. I've seen it in movies (like Lost in Translation)..and to me, the novelty of it wears thin because I want someone else to cook my food for me. I will dip my own cracker into dips..or fondue's.. for flavour enhancement..but to cook my own meal?

Though.. at a party.. for free.. as snacks.. I would try it!

I can't believe the ring-cleaner guy said what he did!! You could have followed it up with.. "Oh I bet I could make more indentations on those rings if you'd let me.. When do you get off?"

(((Finger down the throat action))

I desperately need my two rings cleaned too..but I probably couldn't get them off.. that is the reality.