Monday, December 3, 2007

Melting

Summer has hit! After months of nice cool weather and lots of rain we have had like a week without rain, and its been so hot!
The kind of hot weather that you wish you had a pool, beachside apartment, air conditioning or a car! Walking in the heat is a pain, especially with the flies! I keep telling myself i will be ok if i keep my mouth shut! That doesnt stop flies going kamikaze up my nose or full throttle at my forehead.. whats with those weird ones?

Today has been a Godsend! Rain! Storms.. all very pleasant, nothing very close, no downpours just a constant drizzle of rain!

Im not a summer person! In fact if i was a billionaire i would spend winter in the northern hemisphere and get a freaking white christmas and spend winter in the southern hemisphere!

Did you know dominoes pizza now has salads on its menu? Theyre like $7bux.. i wish they would just bring back the lite cheese! lol!

its only just lunch time and so far today i have eaten:
3 pieces of raisin toast, 2 pieces of peanut butter toast, pieces of watermelon, 1 choc chip cookie and for lunch 2 pieces of cheese on toast melted with satay sauce (my favourite) with the weather so nice i might have a coffee for the first time in ages!

hubby was sick saturday night, i stayed up till 2am just to make sure he was ok, knowing that if i slept he would probably wake me each time he had to race to bathroom.. heheh i thought i was the one meant to be vomiting?! lol! Tia and i spent the night eating pizza and watching the movie Elf, which she loved!
during the day when hubby was still well we went out shopping had iced coffees, did some ddr, enjoyed the air conditioning and bought a christmas tree and some LED lights.. its the biggest tree our lil family has ever had 91cms and cost $17.99 from k-mart on special! whoot! We got battery operated LED lights that are low voltage, which means they arent glass or going to break easy and Tia can touch them. However i was in a rush and it was only a pack of 10! lol! so we have this big empty tree with 1 line of lights lol! Oh and we have plenty of gadgets all hogging up power boards in this house so the lights running off batteries is awesome. If ever i build a house i will have power points on every single wall!!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Shut it about your warm weather! We got 4" of snow today - with promises of more to come over night. Boooo! Wanna come to Canada and help me shovel? :) Take care!

Tiffany said...

lol Christine. Id be over there shovelling in seconds if i could!

maria said...

Oh my goodness Tiffany I have lost my comment twice already. I keep clicking the wrong things.. the page disappears..and my writing does too!! Blehhh.. !! Ok.. take 3!!
I said before :P that I'm glad we're kindred sisters in the seasons we don't like!!

I would have loved a pic of the tree with one line of lights.. hehe! Too funny!

Thank you for your blog comment. Indeed I started thinking of Krispy Kreme's after the Women's Dinner..when I madly looked for rebellious pictures of food I wanted to scoff. I really wanted some orginal glazed doughnuts!! It took me a little while to realise.. "hey.. I will actually have ACCESS to the doughnuts very soon"!! Yeah..I think it was the KK newsletter that planted it in my head.. now I'm curious about the taste of all 3 Christmas doughnuts! I wish they'd offer samples.. just little bite-sizes!!

The Churro's we tried at the Werribee harvest picnic were BAD. I'm talking all three of us..went "BLehhh"!..and we all love churro's. It was a franchise that you could hire for parties and stuff. I threw their business card out.

OK..I'm locking this post in before I lose it again! :-)