Thursday, August 30, 2007

OMG Burkes backyard is back!

"AFTER almost two decades as the star of the Nine network's Burke's Backyard, gardening guru Don Burke was dumped for being too old and boring - now the troubled station is hoping he will be its saviour.

After the devastating loss of its young gun Jamie Durie to the rival Seven network, Nine is counting on Burke to hit back with a "refreshed" and "new-look Burke's Backyard."

"When you see it, it's like a new generation Burke's Backyard," Burke, 60, said on location in Sydney yesterday. "We're living in a whole new environment, a whole new world and this show is about how we survive these new circumstances."

The yet-to-be titled show is co-hosted by chippy Scott Cam, vet Chris Brown and swimmer turned travel reporter Giann Rooney and is currently being filmed around Australia.

It will be road-tested as a one-off special and is expected to be scheduled directly against Durie's Australia's Best Backyards in the 6.30pm Sunday timeslot next month."

read full story here

this is great.. ive stopped watching BH&G and watch Jamie olivers show instead.. i find BH&G just seems to be making trashy, quick but expensive stuff when it comes to interior design stuff, the cooking chick doesnt do it for me either (jamie oliver also used a italian sausage for his meatballs.. i think shes a bit of a copy cat) fast eddy always uses something with 4-6eggs and the gardener dudes are just doing basics over and over.. and they r boring too.. and dont get me started on the host.. BH&G rant, over.. lol


----------------
Now playing: Micheal Buble - Save The Last Dance For Me (Wedding Date Soundtrack)
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

maria said...

LOL at your Better Homes and Gardens rant!! Nobody can accuse you of not making an informed decision there! I looove watching Jamie's shows. I have (sad to say) missed the last three or four episodes I think because of all the moving preparations and the moving! (Tonight tuned in for only some of the strawberry recipes). Jamie is comfort food for my eyes and for my soul... I just love watching him do what he does best. My hubby used to call Jamie my "boyfriend". I cannot wait to one day visit Fifteen in London..but first..Melbourne!! I'll be very interested to see Don Burke back on the telly. I learned a lot from his old show..and never missed it.