Monday, January 14, 2008

end of the holidays

Hubby starts back at work today. So on sunday night he decided we'd go to the movies as a finale thing. Hubby went and saw I am legend. Tia and I saw Enchanted!
I thought Enchanted was great, a bit of humor there for the adults too. I dont think Tia understood the crossover at the end, but she loved the singing happy princess, the prince and knows a wicked witchy queen when she sees one!
Unfortunately it didnt stay in my mind what the prince name was or what patrick dempsey character name was. To often they were referred as 'dad', 'friend' or 'majesty'.. ah well. I loved that she kept making dresses from curtains! lol! The whole contrast of fantasy falling in love and getting married in contrast to the real world where people date for years before getting married. The whole innocent True Loves kiss, so cute! Go Pip!
My fav lines "i got something better than a fairy godmother", "Well Red likes to tell the story another way(or something like that)", "chipmunks dont talk!"......"well, no. Not here"Hubby said I am legend would have been too scary for me. Yeah zombies arent really my thing.. He said he even jumped a few times! He said it was a great movie, with alot of Christian themes 'divine appointments', ending and so on (surprisingly). It's set in 2009 where the world's population dies from a air borne disease. Of course they die and then well turn into zombies and hunter things who then attack at night. Animals are immune to the air borne virus but not after being bitten. Its just him, the zombies and his daughters dog(who is also quite a hero but with not a happy ending...) It ends with a somber yet happy end. No Spoilers there ;)

My morning sickness is almost all gone!!! yay! When im hungry now, i just feel hungry and not sick! woohoo!

3 comments:

Christine said...

SOrry man, but I think that I would have gone to the Wil Smith movie. LOL. :))))

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Melbourne,

Great to hear the morning sickness is almost gone.

Sounds a bit like my holidays - they vanished swiftly, without a trace!

maria said...

Hello spunky lady. Yay, I'm happy that you're feeling better now too!

I'm glad you and Tia went to see Enchanted!

Jenna is now wanting to see 27 dresses! I might get I Am Legend out on DVD and have that as a "couple movie".. ie. when Jenna is in bed. Not sure if I'd like the scary factor.. those aren't my sorts of movies. I've researched it.. but yeah.. will wait for the DVD.

Last night I borrowed "No Reservations" on dvd. With Catherine Zeta Jones.. playing a Chef? It was not a very good movie at all.. but oh well.. it was instead of the tennis. Which I don't hate... but wasn't in the mood for sport! Do you watch the tennis?

I walked past a Gloria Jeans today, saw the cakes and thought of you! A little cupcake was $4.50 I noted! Rip-off merchants!

Making basic bolognese tonight (following a recipe though from my new Turnaround WW cookbook.. it's a bulk recipe). What are you doing for tea?

Hey I note David McM was here. I found his blog randomly last night and left a comment - Then found a comment from him this morning. He has a book out titled "Vegemite Vindaloo" .. the title had me enthralled!