Wednesday, January 16, 2008

oooooooowwwwwwww


My feet are bright red, well this morning less of my feet are bright red. Yesterday i decided it was a nice enough day to take Tia to the beach, not a scorcher day and not a weird day in between it was meant to hit 33-35deg cel. I normally avoid the sun completely between the hours of 12-3pm in summer but this was the beach and i figured by 3pm it would be completely low tide. as it was when we got there the tide was already going out, which is great. All the older kids and adults are wwwaaaaaaayyyy out there 25metres or so, and theres lots of sand banks where we go so theres lots of areas where its very shallow, about as shallow as her baths. It was great, she enjoyed it. Only walked off on the beach once too far away from me for my liking and only once went further out than i wanted her too. she made chocolates, sand castles, drew in the sand, played with a few kids..

me i tried to write down some sort of weekly organised plan of action and i bought my book along, sadly i wasnt able to read it. Anyways we were all sunscreened up, i was wearing a t-shirt and long pants. I didnt think i would have to sunscreen my feet, but in hindsight i really wish i did.
It hurts to walk, move.. i got about 4hrs max sleep. ive been dipping them in and out of water in the bath, last night i sat on the computer chair with my feet in the water... i think i'll do that again after this post. My feet are slathered in cocoa butter, ive poured vinegar on my feet, put lanolin on them only to think it was the worst thing ever for sunburn, i guess sunburn isnt a minor burn.

im certainly not going shopping today! The weather today is a nice brisk cool day with a chance of rain... im glad its not a stinker thats for sure!

*edited to add the picture of my very swollen and very burnt feet! Was taken the next day (day 2) The cocoa butter palmers brand wasnt doing anything for the burn or the pain really.
I got a seacret body lotion, cuticle oil and buffing block for christmas from mum n dad. (Yes i was dubious as i have been constantly annoyed by the sales people for weeks b4 christmas at the shops.)
But i put some of the body lotion on and pain was gone, skin soaked it up..

I vow NEVER EVER use any butter, fatty lotions on suburn ever again. Clearly normal mosturizers with a water content do much better at soaking into the skin and treating burns. i'd use aloe if i had a plant, id use a aloe gel if i had one... but im confined to the house with minimal walking as possible, i have not tried to put on socks or shoes, hopefully hubby can pick something up for me at the chemist tonight. i do have a Le tan, after sun spray. which i did use but it didnt do anything for my burns, perhaps if my feet were less burnt.

Night 2 i got more sleep, but did wake alot to re-apply cream, that and sleeping under sheet or blanket with my feet out is hard, im also a side sleeper which is hard to do at the moment *sigh*

Im on day 3 now, still quite swollen around my ankle. The burn is going down a bit around the rest of my foot except my ankle. Still painful to walk, stand, stretch.

4 comments:

maria said...

I can't recall ever having feet as burnt as that! You poor thing!

Otherwise I'm glad you had a fun afternoon!

Aloe Vera gel would be great on your red feet, but it's not a cheap ointment!

Do you use the Palmer's Cocoa butter? We do.. I love the cocoa smell!

I just noticed you have a baby poll on your sidebar! I'll have to have a think before I vote!

Take care of them tootsies,
Love,
M. :-D
P.S. I'm also glad today hasn't been hot either!

Shar, Tim & Lilli said...

OMG!!!! that looks very painful. Aloe vera is great - so cooling, but if you don't have any then thats not any help. Poor thing...I hope it feels better soon.

maria said...

I think you added this pic later, yeah? I keep revisiting it and your tootsie aren't looking better!? :-P

Hope they've healed a bit.. and you have more relief?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :-)

Gail said...

Ow!!!! So glad to hear you've learnt what not to put on burns, may come in handy for future reference. In the meantime I hope you can find some relief from the pain. On the bright side it will MAKE you put your feet up and rest.
Love Gail