Thursday, January 10, 2008

scorched dry and nuts


Thanks for all the lovely comments guys!
Lets keep it real........ and quick confession one day last week i had a quarter pounder n chips & a cheeseburger for lunch, a big mac and chips for dinner. shocker! definitely a black day for my waist line! and i more bad takeaway thru the week.
Just have to make sure we eat the food thats already here before scoffing down takeaway.
This pregnancy has made a huge difference on my tummy, now that i cant suck it in and the organs have moved out and yeah now i am noticing just how big i really am.Are all these 40deg days highly weird/unusual for victoria? In nsw we would usually get 40deg days end of jan/feb.
Getting ready for another scorcher for today and tomorrow. Did wonder about going to the beach, but the reality is theres no shade out there, and any shade would be to far away from where Tia would be in the water. i guess our beach is better than in NSW as we have no surf at all! weird.. and at least thats a bit safer for tia. Think we will be staying home, cold showers and standing in wet clothes in front of the super-duper fan to cool down and i will run the bath and let tia play in it all day to keep her cool.
Britney spears has been on my mind alot(perhaps due to constantly being on tmz.com or ET why do i read and watch such crap?). (shes never been a favourite celeb, singer, dresser of mine) I feel for her that shes lost her kids now. I dont support parents who abuse alcohol and drugs tho. Its a real shame that its gotten this bad.
Id never ever swap places with her. Surely it would take just a little bit of effort to clean up her act?
The countless photohogs that follow her every move is insane, and how many years has that gone on for? But the fact that she keeps going out for drives thru the night, is she trying to be normal? is she trying to have photohogs take pictures of her filling up her car with gas so theres a 'normal' picture in the magazine? Or is she really nuts, enjoying the crazy vibe, crazy driving and crowds of photohogs? Is she just waiting for a princess Di accident? I do wish there was some sort of help she could get without being further exploited and sold out.

Re your comments:
I'm glad you didn't get one of those air cooler things.. I feel guilty that I didn't have the courage to say last post that I hated ours and found them ineffective. It was hubby's idea..and I felt the stupid thing failed us and I just wanted a proper air conditioner~maria
No need to feel guilty. :D my mum got one ages ago i guess i could have asked what she thought of them as i never saw it actually being used! It had been weighing on my mind also.

Glad your experience with the new doctor was better for you. I never look when blood is being taken either.. So is it crazy-pregnant-woman syndrome that made you look? Hehehe... :-P~maria
Im not afraid of needles and i thought he was crazy in that i couldnt see any veins, i suppose i was watching to see if he knew what he was doing. As i dont enjoy the prick of pain and didnt want more!

Different strokes for different folks though.~jadey
Totally agree with your jadey. i'd love to have a doctor who i'd seen all my life! ;) what a blessing

2 comments:

maria said...

I feel totally bad now that I said "crazy pregnant woman syndrome" -since it was reprinted! Your explanation of why you looked was understandable... made sense! Hope I wasn't out of line by the above line though?!!

Re: Britney... Yeah.. Jenna has watched a lot of 'old' or 'former' Britney on YouTube..when she was *IT* in a good way. She was admired, copied, lusted after.. now she's in the Michael Jackson club (if you know what I mean)? Celebrities that are *infamous*.. famous for not-so-good reasons.

I do feel for her & I've thought about her too and imagined in my mind a "come back". I remember when her and Kevin split up and she appeared on David Letterman, it was as if the public let out a sigh of relief "Phew! You've left the loser, now you're not as crazy as we thought". She got a bad wrap for marrying and having kids with him. It was almost like Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley, people were like "what the"?

I remember seeing a photo of them in the water at the beach with two babies and I thought "Well people should just shut up, they're obviously a family and love each other".

But yeah, when Britney was on Letterman with a cropped hairdo. It was as if she was stepping out as a new single Mum, re-inventing herself. She had this whole "I've lost the dead-weight and I'm back" thing about her.

But.. as we know.. after some time.. Kevin gained respect and Britney lost it.

Re: Victorian weather.. it's hard to tell what is normal or unusual because in Victoria it seems anything goes. The weather bureau statistics will say things like "wettest December on record".. or similar things and then that kind of tells me where we're at.. otherwise I am never surprised by anything!

Cute and funny pic's btw! :-D

Shar said...

I love that chihuahua cartoon. I have a bit of a hungry bottom, and it is Tims job to let me know - "chihuahua" is the signalling cry. Which is worse I wonder...the chihuahua or the camel foot?