Friday, January 11, 2008

The Water horse

Would you believe it? We ;) went to the movies today. While hubby and I "umm-ed and ahhh-ed" (thought, discussed) what G and PG rated movies we could actually tolerate... hubby decided to ask Tia what she wanted to see, and she said 'water horse'. (which wasnt a movie we were deciding between)
My opinion of The water horse movie was that it was a little boring for little ones (say under 5's or under 8's, even?) As a adult it was a tad cliche !!!!tiny SPOILER!!!
e.g at the end the mum says everyones nuts, theres no sea monster, just war & death.. and up from behind her surfaces the water horse she turns around zomg etc..

Apart from flashbacks/reminders of free willy(but with more passion and taste). It was a amazing movie, that had me in tears alot, it was soooo touching and emotional as weird as it sounds. But it was a lovely movie, funny, adventurous, a tear-jerker and not entirely just for the kids. It was interesting to see a aussie actor, a guy from mcleods daughters, acting great, effects great.. for me i get instantly pissed off as soon as any scene in any movie where a army just takes over a house as they did in all different wars. The scottish scenery was realistic, not overly amazing or pretty... worthy of seeing at the movies and owning on dvd. ;) see i must really think its good lol!

2 comments:

Shar said...

Thanks for the review Tiff. So timely as I took Lilli to see Álvin and the Chipmunks' yesterday, and the 'water'horse' was a trailer. I was wondering if it would be nice for Lilli as it had a bit of an E.T. feel to me. I am thinking it might be better as a dvd now - when she is a bit older.

maria said...

Wow, not the review I expected to read! We've seen previews of this movie and Jenna has shown no interest. But from your review I'd consider getting it out on DVD! Tears hey? Interesting. Excellent review.. especially saying things like the Scottish scenery was realistic.. good observation!