Thursday, January 3, 2008

surviving NYE

wow we had a stinker for New years eve, i actually considered trying to go to bed normal time just to escape the heat.. but decided to stay up in the heat and then had crappy sleep the rest of the night. It was meant to reach 42degrees cel in the city, im not sure how close to that it got here, but yeah it was soo HOT! I had countless cold showers, then standing drenched in front of a little fan, lol! It worked a treat and gave alot of relief until i was all dry and hot again..

Still havent uploaded my pictures yet, i've found the camera but not its cable.. lol.

When do you guys take the christmas tree down? i personally drift from couldnt care that its dec 3 and its still up to gosh im over christmas, makes me feel tired to think about christmas again!

Decided to change doctor, its been on my mind. I guess the confirmation i was looking for on whether or not to change doctor i had all this time, and didnt notice. The doctor im talking bout is a nice guy, very quick almost scattered, makes his own thoughts instead of asking questions. I've worked with doctors and i guess i have a level of care i expect, im aware of them all being different but this guy isn't to my standard.. its not a case of my nose being up in the air.. im sure he does great for different type of people who dont like doctors, or wasting time talking to a doctor. :( nevermind that his little building is oddly done, the ceiling in his consulting room doesnt go to the roof, so most of the time you can sit in the waiting room and hear most of other peoples problems and his diagnosis etc.. which is pretty bad, you can also hear the reception lady clear as day, usually doctor surgeries have the tv up loud and the space between the desk and waiting chairs at a good distance as again risks privacy.
so what was the proof i found? at 11 weeks of pregnancy you get a ultrasound done, however on my form he had ticked mamography +/- breast ultrasound. not ultrasound, sure a easy mistake.. but still a mistake.. that and on the form he wrote "irregular dates, + viability dates" pardon? i go in and i said i was 6 weeks 3 days or something pregnant, he never bothered to ask my LMP, never looked it up on a calendar given out by drug companies to doctors.. great way to piss me off is to think im a idiot. sure i know the ultrasound is to confirm the age by the thigh bone, not that i give it much weight anyways. Tia was a longer than average babe, she still is.. she was born on the due date given from my dates (1week late via thigh bone date) she did have a little dry skin that comes with overcooked (late) bubs but she also has a skin condition that ive probably overlooked for ages. *sigh*

nevermind, ive got a appointment with a different doctor tomorrow, its also right next to a pathology and right next to a ultrasound place. :D and if i dont like the new doctor, theres a doctors across the road i can try.. lol. but i really hope i dont have to go to a new doctor after this.

yesterday we went out aircon shopping, didnt find any um, water condesner air cons at k-mart or target, found a few at a origin shop, not far from our ddr. We did ddr, and i guess i over did it with all the walking and then the 9 songs of ddr. I had some small pains when i got home, just a little.. enough to have me be bored in bed with some quiet.. and hubby cook dinner which was soo awesome. =D its all good now, i really had expected more problems with the previous days of heat than with the drr.

i also overdid it by this piece of cake from gloria jeans, oh boy! it was a choc, honeycomb, caramel cheesecake. the chocolate biscuit base was a bit to rich for me, on the sides it had a bit of choc ganache, on the top was pieces of choc honeycomb and pieces of toffee. the layers went (lol): sweet cooked? choc cheesecake, sweet honey/caramel cheesecake, tiny choc cake layer, honey caramel chessecake, choc cake layer, caramel fudge sauce, biscuit base. It was so tall! And no i couldnt finish it. lol!

1 comment:

maria said...

I love the little cartoon you have there! ;-)

I think in your shoes I'd be wanting to try a different doctor too. Aside from all those "Not Happy Jan" things you listed regarding your doc (mistakes, assuming you're stupid) I totally cringe at the idea of being able to hear other patients consultations.. the whole lack of privacy thing ((rolls eyes)). I really hope your next doc is a "keeper"... maybe I should pray about it for you?

WoW, 9 songs of DDR! You did some sizeable exercise.. I'm glad you're ok? I guess you will learn your limits as time goes on and your body speaks to you. But, (chuckle) re: bored in bed.. and hubby cooking.. what was the meal if I may ask?

When I broke my foot in my early 20's (in my 1st marriage).. and had to have my leg elevated in bed as I had swelling and half a cast on up to my knee.. My husband made me steamed dim sims and salad for every dinner.. for about a week? Sometimes for lunch too.

I didn't know about the thigh-bone assessment re: ultrasounds. My 1st ultrasound was at 20 weeks if you can believe that?

I hope you can find an aircon. We got one like you described (a couple of years ago).. almost brand new from eBay.. a local seller only a couple of minutes away.

That dessert sounded like towering decadence! You described it well :-P

Thanks so much for your chunky blog comment.. I have a reply in my drafts that I will back to tomorrow. I found myself sick of talking about today.. so I stopped typing! But when I'm rested and refreshed I will finish it off.. lol!

Keep cool!! One more day and we will have some relief.. so they say? xox