Thursday, October 11, 2007

Forgive me!


I have been very busy, how? i have no idea.. the same old cleaning, walking, shopping and video games.. making sure i email my mum who i will call tomorrow.. checking info on a event on the weekend in the city... perhaps look into a hotel room
i checked out the new tiger airlines they have melb to rockhamptop, mackay? and some other interesting places for under $50! like fully crazy but nothing to melb-sydney or melb-canberra or melb-townsville and the flights werent until next year?
anywhoos also been looking at rentals.. (online) but there dont seem like very many, looking at a 3 bedroom place, fenced, good spot (close to shops, schools)

Its been hotting up recently.. but theres always rain some time of the night/day... which is great!

I made time to sit down and draw yesterday. (above) from my Rozen maiden manga (japanese comic book).. which i will share more about laters when i get a breather! Her name is Hinaichigo and she is one of the 7 Rozen maiden dolls.

I bought savoiardi biscuits the other week (cheaper at the import deli store, made in australia tho!) along with some italian style cream cheese/mascarpone. Decided on doing a tiramisu (hubby loved the low fat one with fetta which i hated!) so this is the 100% naughty version.. altho when i went to make it i didnt read the recipe properly and added the sugar with the egg white (when it was meant to go with the egg yolk) so i threw the egg white n sugar mess in the toilet and walked down to the corner shop and got more eggs and started over again.. now since i dont have a electric beater.. its kinda soup looking.. i should have beated the cream more.. but i was lazy. and instead of marsala (like who has that in their pantry?) i used my butterscotch schnapps.. so we shall see how it all goes.. hmm.. i hope it tastes better than it looks!

I havent had time to fiddle more around with my blog. Im sorry if its hard to read. If so u can try highlighting it, then it should be easier to read. I had tried the background in a green version but u couldnt read it if the font was black, white, red, yellow, blue, pink... u name it i tried it. I think it has more to do with the type & size of the font. i've bolded the whole post, so hopefully that will help a lil.

As for taking pictures of the stuff i got in the city... well a few of the empty boxes of pocky got thrown out.. :( But the Tiramisu Mousse Pocky was great! Mousse means the chocolate/tiramisu bit is softer and more of it! yum! and hubby took the rest of his mens pocky to work to share /show with his friend. so that box is gone too, all i have left is the strawberry box, safely unopened!!!

Also someone got confused with truffles.
Did i mean fungi or chocolate? Isn't that cute! That person weirded me out when i said i got truffles and do we want to have them now. that person said they would like the truffle with something else.. (which i thought was weird) now i doubt u can buy little truffles for $1.50 each!! lol!

Thank you maria for pointing out to me the dinner with the iron chefs! (even tho it was like last week? when u did so) wow i'd love to go too!!! but $500?! for 7 courses! i said to DH if u take me to that i would eat every eel, crab, fish, duck, caviar and drink every yukky wine they serve with it (good no doubt but im not a wine drinker)! LOL! me?! eat that?! well.. yeah 500 bucks and cooked by those 2 awesome guys! gosh! And then the idea was tempting to DH. (well yes it would be to watch my face eating something fishy)

Thank you Tina for the fab award.. that has inspired me to think of new faces i can pull at the camera next time.. hahaha! :D

Did i mention this previously? not sure if i did or not. DH has been offered the spot at the general manager, his boss (the owner & current general manager/director) has been given awhile now to think about it, consider it.. DH just got a pay rise (we celebrated at maccas!!lol!) for completing a review of the company and since then he has completed the quoting system and is working on other databases too. This week he got put into the general manager stuff, hiring people, calling references and stuff which he is enjoying.
This means tho that i have to work harder at our project and do more drawing. (to learn) so i can draw for our project. *sigh*

thanks for all the help on the frozen milk. I appreciate it! I have found its ok to leave the lids on and all the milk in the bottle (they just inflate a bit) How do u guys defrost it tho? It seems to take a few days in my fridge!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

re: the award...you're welcome! :)

re: milk....I leave the bottle thawing in cold water in the sink and then put it in the fridge. I haven't had a prob with it going off or anything and I've been doing this for a LONG time!

Tiffany said...

ah cool! thanks!

maria said...

Well.. you are a lovely sketch artist!! Will you be hanging the picture of Hinaichigo up? Blow that Tiger airlines..and their fares to places I don't want to fly right now! I'm after cheap flights to Sydney this Christmas!!

Is that correct.. low fat Tiramisu with FETTA? Well I do not blame you for not liking that one... blehh!! :-P !! They may aswell have added some 97% fat free semi-dried tomatoes into that recipe while they were at it.

I can relate to not reading the recipe properly and I end up combining the wrong ingredients.. as in .. in an incorrect order. I bet this version of the misu will be absolutely delicious..and the schnapps part is probably a much better idea than masala. I used to buy a "boxed version" of tiramisu. It contained sponge cake ingredients.. cocoa sachet..and generous sachets of masala.. real stuff too (there was always heaps left over.. you really didn't need much)! I had to buy the cream.. oh..there was also some sort of powder to put in the cream.. part of the box packet.

That tiramisu you just made sounds brilliant! I used to take it to parties..and make it for people who would come over and it never failed.. people loved it and didn't want to believe it was a boxed mix. It was fiddly.. yes.. But I'm so sad they stopped making it..I think it was a 'White Wings' creation?

Oh Tiffany.. you mean the iron chef dinner has been and gone?! Drats!! I didn't win!! I would have LOVED it if you guys went. I found your comment about eating everything to be hilarious!! What a dream hey to have the chefs whip up their creations as they do on tv!! Oh darn it!! I know the iron chefs have been here before.. and I've entered a comp via SBS to go see them in action.. didn't win that either.

Yep you did mention your man's promotion.. congratulations to your DH.. and I hope you are all going places now..and that a home "just right" will come available to you..and you will be mega-blessed to have your application approved!! :-)