Monday, October 1, 2007

answers

1) i feel for any woman who has difficulties or cant give birth naturally. :(
2) Did you get nice treatment in hospital?
- hmm, yes the day shift people weren't as nice, the night people were better.. i did like one particular nurse. Um, i was having problems with tia latching on and feeding properly the poor thing was starving and here i was with a case of supersized rocks of a chest when the milk came in. i think i over did the 'have baby on the nipple to make the milk come thru thing'. I avoided nurses and they avoided me, i found they scuttled around trying to be un-noticed. When i wanted help instead of pressing the button and waiting, i went straight to the main desk!! Where they all are gossiping while theres all those lights lit up.. there was a pregnant nurse in the wing also and the nurses would let her have a nap on her night shift. Each nurse would come in and see i was having problems and suggest a new way to feed, then the next one would come in and say 'why are you doing it that way?' do it this way.. and so on.
ARGH! I was getting tired of everyone walking past the public ward room and looking in at me, so i loved putting the curtains around, but then the day nurses would come in and put them back :( there was this mum who smoked and would just go out this fire escape door, but then she would leave it open or unlocked and this made the nurses really mad and they said it was a secruity issue . (i overheard it at night)

3)how big Tia was at birth? Tia was 8 pounds 10 or 3.925kgs and 52.5cms in length.
4) i know i said a scientologist could have envied the birth, it was still the most painful thing ever in my whole life.. i was just so wrapped up in my own la-la land! (i was determined to evict Tia!!! lol) i only pushed for maybe 20minutes, im guessing its much more painful if u have to push for hours, i couldnt imagine that! I had alot of people praying for me (besides myself) that the birth went well and that it was what i wanted and not so painful/long etc..

4) Facebook. yeah people are using their full real names much more so than on myspace. I guess it does make it easier to find people.

5) Eat and stay thin" from Joyce Meyer. I dont remember the full book, but her diet is from memory just eating what you need and nothing more.. healthy salads and stuff.. not low carb or anything else strange. Its more of a why you should look after yourself better, how to not focus on food etc..

6) Do your cupcakes (or cookies) have flour in them tiffany? Oh they certainly did! I'm not a fan of flour free cakes.. or egg free (or substitutes) cakes.(thankful that i dont have gluten intolerance and i feel for anyone who is and/or is allergic to chocolate!) My cookies had pieces of almonds and cooking chocolate and lasted 3 days.. and my cupcakes had uht custard in it as i needed to use it up. They weren't really 'diet' or healthy with the sugar and light canola so i added the protein powder and psyllium to rationalize it/make them give more of a 'fuller' feeling. I usually put psyllium & protein in pancakes and call em poocakes!!!! LOL!

7) skinny people trying to drop a dress size. i totally understand with the whole, they struggle with 10kgs at 60kgs! and here i am trying to loose 20-45kgs! I heard a add on tv while making breakfast.. think it was jenny craig. basically this chick saying she wasnt happy being a size 14 and now shes a size 8-10 she can wear bikinis! hullo?!! anyone can wear a bikini! Its just a self esteem issue! In truth any weight loss program will try to sell to you that you are fat and that you need to spend your money on becoming a acceptable public rake figure that can wear a bikini... On the other side, if you have 30-45kgs to loose you have a daily points of 20+ , however a person at 60kgs trying to loose the last 5kgs or more (depending on height and self esteem) has probably 10pts a day! and that i cannot imagine doing! (rough figures only, not exact.. my guess anyways) so i guess they do struggle in that their bods dont use/need much energy and therefore dont get to eat much or much sugar/fat etc. I can relate with the skinny people giving diet advice! The weirdest one i heard was eating frozen grapes, apparently very nice to snack on.

8) Scottish heritage- My pop is big into tracing the family tree, he has gone way back and traced em to peasants living on a lords land in scotland and late last year they went over there and (got lost alot) and checked the place out. English heritage- all i know is my dads grandma, uncles and aunts and himself live/came from england (on his mums side) and his dad was most definately living in england and also came over.. but thats as much as i know, no one has bothered looking up the family tree, dont have much to go on, myself. But i think the last name 'Fairclough' *shudders* speaks english enough, loud n clear! I've chosen to not keep in contact with my dad's, mum. My dad's dad died 10+yrs ago of a brain tumor. (i never knew him)

Thanks maria for sharing your secrets! ^^ i can relate to alot of them!

1 comment:

maria said...

Hello - I just read your answers.. so kind of you to post them! Funny how you agree too that night shift nursing staff are nicer. Also.. I could relate to your stories of the nurses. I had some awful times with them.. I told one to 'F' off .. I was that upset with the way she was treating me..and sticking it to me each day and I was very sick. So when I dropped the 'F' bomb - she called in a psych team from the psych hospital. Two professionals came to see me..and left my room deeming me completely sane with no post natal depression. Psych!
AAuugh.. sorry!! I wasn't a Christian back then.. I'm hoping I would never tell a hospital staff member to 'F' off ever again.

I just wanted to clarify that nobody on Weight Watchers goes down to 10 points. The lowest you can go is 18 points ever and they say it will actually hinder you from losing weight if you go lower..and I believe it. I have a friend trying to lose her last 7kg's and she's on 18 points. Once you're at goal though..and on maintenance.. you get more points as you are no longer trying to drop weight.