Thursday, September 13, 2007

*mind blank*

I tried out Maria's florentine recipe.. with my own uh, version.. i didnt have the ww cereal so i used just right cereal and i then decided it needed much more.. when i should have added rolled oats but i couldnt find any.. and OMG skim condensed milk is awesome.. it didnt quite work.. my 1st batch the condensed milk ran out of the mixture and just burned ontop the paper.. and so my 2nd attempt with more almonds, cherries and more cereal (and eating some excess condensed milk, lol) worked out better altho i still had burny bits so i basically scrapped the biscuit off the tray and pinched it together and left to cool. I did use the honey (not that ive made it more often, but i didnt find the honey making it to sweet more handy as a glue for the biscuit i think) and dipping it in the chocolate, cemented it more into a biscuit form.. yay! in the end the biscuits wore sooo yummy. i will be wanting to make it again, hopefully i will have rolled oats, a museli or ww museli!
so scrummy yummy..

I had too much for dinner.. ouch! (beef roast n vegs) ive been good all day. I still havent had any takeaway (bad takeaway that is.. subway 6 inch subs under 6g of fat are ok, diet muffins are ok) and right now im not missing it either.. let's hope i can keep this up. Im going 3 weeks without bad takeaway!

ive got some dancing bug at the moment, watching 'so u think u can dance' at the moment.. need to dance and get my fix! wow, loved the zombie vagabond dance! whoo..

Tia goes to 'lil school' (childcare) for 3hrs tomorrow.. still bummed that tia cant do a full day there. This whole thing is for Tia really, i dont really need the time to myself.. but she really needs kids to play with, she needs friends and it works. Making bub No.2 is taking quite awhile *sigh* its getting easier each time it fails to happen so thats good.. i dont want to turn into a complete mess over this.. and i totally understand that im partially if not completely to blame for the weight and also for taking so long to decide on the right time for No.2. ah well. All in God's time and plan, we still need to move into a bigger place and do more work on our project and i know morning sickness would make it a real challenge to put effort in that stuff. (hope that made sense)

Hubby hasnt been feeling 100% so he has had the past 2 days off, its been great to have him around.. and the same time i wish he wasnt on the fast computer! LOL! gawd im selfish!
It was nice to do some errands together out after his doctors appointment, batteries for the scales, a new shopping trolley and me shopping while he was at the doctors for my new dvds.

Feeling absolutely exhausted..... i feel i could just fall asleep if i went to bed.. but its still too early.. *yawn* and i have to call my mum..

2 comments:

maria said...

I'm happy you got a version of the Florentine's you were happy with and that you are willing to make them again! I keep telling myself I'll make more each day and I keep avoiding it because I don't like melting chocolate on the stove (as I forgot and ruined the last batch -and had to go out and buy more chocolate to finish the florentine's!). At my last address I churned out two batches a week.. whatsa matter with me?!! I had a microwave then.. and that's my excuse!

I hope Tia has a lovely time at daycare and that you enjoy some free time. Speaking of time..glad you enjoyed some time with hubby too! :-)

My sis' in Brisbane is loving the dance series..but like last year I'm not getting into it.. strangely.

Forgot to mention from your last entry.. you have me very curious about Japanese 'Pocky'. We have a big Asian supermarket in town and I know I've seen Pocky.. I will have to check them out since you sing their praises. I will work out their point value first..hehe!

Good on you for the Subway and low fat muffin/s btw!

Tiffany said...

pocky is the biggest rage at the moment for japanese fan boys n girls. lol! hello kitty makes the smallest packet of pocky ive seen in my pocky travels.. make an ok snack as long as u dont eat the whole box! (unless ur sharing with someone!)