Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Birthday blues..

DH has a birthday tomorrow! He was born at the unearthly hour of 3am (so he tells me) If he was born on the 6th of novemeber they were going to name him 'bart' after bart cummings a successful old horse trainer of the melbourne cup. Glad he wasn't! ^^

lol! and i've been naughty rubbing in what age he turns this year! I'm 26 and he is 4 years older than me so do the maths ;).
I've got a few things put away for him that i will have to wrap today.
I'm wondering if i should make a cake? packet mix or from scratch? hmm yes! i can't believe im pondering about a packet mix or not?!! His work is planning on doing the cake etc since they found out what age he is turning... so i'm not sure if he will even have room in his belly for more cake! Perhaps i can make cupcakes instead? we really do need to start eating healthy again! (he actually mentioned that point too about not having a cake) bleh! so much junk & crap, i have not been feeling well lately because of it. :(

what is it with men and birthdays? every man i know seems not to be interested in them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about me and birthdays. I love making a big deal over someone's birthday but DH is the complete opposite. He always says that birthdays are for kids...lol...He's turning 43 next year...maybe thats why he's over them now!

If I don't get back over to your blog tomorrow...
Happy Birthday to your DH!!!! Hope he has a wonderful day!

maria said...

I know people don't usually like turning THIRTY.. there I said it.. 30,30, thiiiiirty.. hehee! I can say it because I am closer to.. (won't say it).

My hubby actually likes a fuss being made over him for his birthday. Maybe this is why we have had the propensity to clash... it's that "neediness" and affirmations of love we both seek.. perhaps something that is seen as more of a "female" trait? In both of us? He threw his own 40th (this is a few months before we met) -- he knew nobody would be throwing him any parties.. so he did his own. He hired a small hall and gave it a singing theme (as he was part of a choir back then.. and don't say anything..but.. BLAAAHH...hated that choir, thank goodness he doesn't go to them anymore).

I do hope your hubby enjoys his birthday. Let us know the cake stories! :-)