Friday, November 16, 2007

thursday

this could easily turn into a very big post but here it is in short form!

1) Tia is booked in for a $85 full hearing assessment next week.

2) I went out shopping, i was going to do a big shop, get a home delivery BUT i forgot my re-usable green canvas shopping bags. doh! and also realised there wasnt any urgency for food anyways.

3) I found a nice new pair of black pants! they are quite odd in that the waist band
can roll done/up. no fly or buttons (or belt loops) they could easily be mistaken for maternity pants! (as they cover the belly if unrolled!) Theyre called 'bengal pants'

4) i decided i'd go to the hairdressers!!!! *dont die of shock there!!* (i dont like salons!) i sat down and waited, i knew which person i didnt want to get and of course i ended up getting that hairdresser.

5) i got shampoo, cut and blowdry for $32.. i did not think that was possible! ah the wonders of 'just cuts'!

6) the woman was brutal, it must be coz my scalp should be getting sensitive?, the way she dried my thick long hair ended up giving my hair knots which she would brush out.. OWW!!!!

7) its been years since ive been to a hairdresser. in that time i had a church friend who is a hairdresser, she did my hair for the wedding and when i won a makeover at a church raffle.

8) I visited DH work. He didn't notice my hair cut!!!!!! LOL!

9) We went out with Dh boss & his wife (who also works there as a boss) do you know any employer that is truly that generous?! it was to celebrate DH 30th birthday! We got picked up in their nice mercedes 4WD 6:15pm(i didnt know mercedes made 4WD) with lovely leather inside! Went to a italian resturant called Michelangelo's.

10) we had a garlic focaccia bread (that was round), they had marinated olives, salt n pepper squid and i tried some dukkah and turkish bread. tia had a kids lasagna and salad. Tia and i had pineapple juice and the others had some nice wine.

11)i had chicken parma, james had a steak..

12) they organized a sparkler in a scoop of icecream for the birthday boy.

13) we got dropped off around 10pm! it was a really good night, altho the men could have talked for hours and hours if we had let them! ;)

14) i had the worst night sleep ever!

1 comment:

maria said...

Very interesting and newsy post! :-)

Yay on Tia's appointment and you getting black pants!!

Since finding a good hairdresser and then losing her as she doesn't want to do hair anymore now that she's had a baby.. I now go to JUST CUTS TOO! I've been pleased so far!! And I paid something similar not too long ago. Good on you! Show us a pic, show us a pic!! It would have crushed me if my DH didn't notice.. I need to toughen up more.. I know that! But has he since? Sometimes it takes a different day to notice something. Eg. my DH complimented me on a pair of jeans the other week when I went to meet him at his work (tea room)..and he's seen me in them at church at least 3 times. Men are like that hey?

Thanks so much for sharing that dinner out! Love that kind of stuff! Yes.. I have seen the Merc 4WD's.. I'm so glad you had this night out! YUUUUUM!! I hope you get to do it again one day soon?

Sorry you had the worst night sleep ever too btw! :(