Friday, November 30, 2007

Thank God its friday!

This ones for my buddy Maria!!!! ;) Thanks for being there!

whats on my mind lately.. well..
Isn't it odd when you get advice from strangers? im sure they mean well.. I think their main mistakes are having to assume.. assume you dont know your babies different cries, assume youve never watched dr phil ('well is it working for yah?' sorry could help myself), assume you weren't bought up in a house full of kids.. anyways you get my point. As hubby says 'assumptions are the mother of all f**** ups!' That advice has been a Godsend, even with the profanity.. eeerrr. yeah.. 0.o

Im no angel ive said 'aww shes hungry' once to a friend of mine when her bub cried.. and then regretted it.. the kind reply i got from her was 'really? i just fed her!' oh! Oh no! i've just done it haven't i? Im grateful she was sweet about it.. had it been me.. i suppose i would have been dumbstruck or just quietly seethed until i could no longer hold it and have to vent! (her 3rd bub mind you!) oh, yes i say alot of dumb things..

I picked up cosmopolitan pregnancy magazine this week and i've loved it! They had advice on how to handle the situation with those other dumb things people say like 'my gawd your boobs are huge', 'my mother/wife/sister wasnt as big as you'.. and my favorite the beauty therapist doing a bikini line mentions 'youre a bit loose' LOL!!! Ah the odd things the pregnant woman goes thru.. there was tons of pretty expensive maternity clothes, underwear all modeled by pregnant women.. i've been disappointed with other pregnancy magazines, mum n bub mags, parenting mags but this one is a winner.. and yeah its not a cheapie! x.x So many good articles! ;)
Tia had time out today at childcare for a punching! After that she was more behaved than usual.. im glad its coming down.. im still not happy that she punched some poor kid! im wondering who she is hitting, is it over sharing? is it provoked? I'm still having to ask the workers how she went, when i'd rather (and ive done my share of working with kids) they would come to me and tell me how she went without asking..

Ive just informed hubby that im not cooking any meat!!!.. if i smell cooking meat i will head for the toilet.. for sure.. and im still winning! Tonights dinner was 2 minute noodles!! I have been getting my meat fixes from takeaway.. not good i know x.x

Enjoy your friday night & the weekend all!!!

1 comment:

maria said...

Well *thank you* for the pair-of-monkey's picture which I've proudly displayed on my blog because it was an honour to get it! ;-) What a boost.. I loved it!

LOL.."you're a bit loose"!! Oh dear.. the things people say.

I bought you a bunch of 2006 Mother and Baby, Prima baby, Parents etc magazines from the op-shop thinking you could browse through them.. and chuck 'em out if you thought they were lame. Is that ok? It's been a while since I was pregnant..and I don't think Cosmopolitan pregnancy magazine existed then??? Sounds very interesting though!

I will mail you the mags as they are too heavy to carry any distance and I wouldn't want you carrying them in a "pick up" situation!!

If you find anything in them that is even remotely good.. that's great..but they're 2nd hand so don't feel obliged to hold onto them if they're crap, ok?

I think this post.. along with all the other posts you will write along your preggers-journey will be of great benefit to other preggers-readers. You "keep it real"..and I'm sure you'll pass on helpful things too.. like listen to your iPod while getting waxed so you drown out any comments said by the beautician! Ha! Seriously, I'm sure you will be a great resource! You could write a book you know... you've got it in you!!

I can't get over it.. "you're loose".. Ohhhh.. thanks for the giggle!! ;-)